Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I decided that since I have lost almost 75 pounds over the last 1 1/2 years that it was time to start a new adventure that would make my head spin with the knowledge I would need to make it work properly. After being hit in the head twice about couponing (at a class at the Women's Show and a Relief Society class) I decided that it would be a good past time to get my head spinning just right. When I went to the class at the Women's Show I was just curious to see how it worked.

The woman who taught it was the founder of athriftymom.com and she had alot of information that she crammed into 90 minutes and sent us home with a handout which has come in handy with the start up of my adventure. I went away from the class very impressed, but I was at a point in life that I was just not ready to start something new that would take alot of my time.

Then a couple of weeks ago we had a class at Relief Society about couponing and it hit me that now might be a good time to start this project since I was wanting to update our food storage and what better way to do it than try to get it for the least amount of money as possible. Hopefully even free. I also thought it might be a good idea to post some of my adventures, sucesses, and yes mistakes so I decided to create the blog and since I am a computer dummy I called in my daughter Erin and my husband Chris to help me get started.

I am sure that over the next little while I will be pestering them alot more for help and advice so I will thank them in advance. I thought that since we are "empty nesters" it might be a good thing for those in our situation to learn from my happenings how to be successful when doing couponing for just a couple of people rather than a whole family. Of course the strategy still applies for the family since it is just like a recipe in a cookbook that can be doubled or tripled or more depending on what size of family you have. I also thought it might be a great way to keep my thoughts in order and maybe help me to process what I am doing since it makes thing clearer having it in writing.

I don't know what direction this blog will be taking, but I hope that what I post will be a help to all those who read it. Signing off for now, but we'll be back later.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go mom! You'll have a lot fun with the experience and documenting it. And You're Welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete