Friday, March 5, 2010



I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I missed posting anything yesterday since I spent all my time going to Albertsons to get a grip on how the coupon system works. I think I have it down at least for now until next week when it becomes a whole new adventure.

Some of the deals I made yesterday were quite good and some were even great. Luckily I have an Albertsons just around the corner and it is fast and easy to get to if I hear of any other good deals.

I got 4 boxes of Cocoa puffs for 77 cents each, lots of cans of Bumble Bee tuna for 09 cents a can, 5 Betty Crocker fruit snacks for 10 cents each (these are for the grandkids), two boxes of Strawberry Mini Wheats for $2.24 per box (a treat cereal for Chris), 4 four packs of yogurt for $1.00 each, and the best deal of all I got 10 Old Orchard Apple Juice products for 99 cents each.


I had two $1.00 off coupons for four cans of juice and I was able to double those coupons. This was part of the chill promotion and so when all is said and done I will have made $4.10 on this part of the transaction.

When I first started to think about couponing Chris thought it was a good idea and encouraged me to do it, but he was skeptical of it working like I said it would. When we walked away with our first 20 Smart Ones dinners from Weight Watchers for $5.00 he became a firm believer.

Now you wonder why we would want so many frozen dinners? Since there are just the two of us at home and I become really involved in what I am doing I sometimes forget to get things ready for dinner until we are both starving and these are easy to pop in the microwave. We usually split a dinner, add a little salad and something like milk or flavored water to drink and we have quite a great meal. For a procrastinator who just lost weight and doesn't want it to come back and who has a problem with following through on the reading part it doesn't take much figuring to get the points for the dinner since it is right on the front of the box in a big bold font.

Today I spent alot of my time out in the outside pantry trying to organize it and get the food up to date. It isn't quite done yet since I have to redo some of the shelves on my rotating shelf system to fit the type of cans we want in them.

Before I did the pantry I cleaned out and organized my freezer. I had to find a way to fit in all those dinners and other yummy items into it so the food didn't keep slipping out onto the floor and the door would close. Guess what it all fit, I was able to close the door, and now all I have to do is remember to eat all the food out there. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of frostbite?

My goal is to get my life more organized this year. In some areas it is going to take quite a bit of hard work, but in couponville it almost seems like a game to see what deals I can get. I am getting excited to get more into this game and maybe it will keep me younger longer since I am using a part of my brain that hasn't had alot of practice lately. Well tomorrow is another day and I hope to get the rest of the pantry done so I can start on the inside pantry. Signing off for now, but we'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment